Remember, “practice makes perfect!”
To consider yourself a practicing Catholic, try out the “Precepts of the Church” for size! (cf. CCC # 2041-43)
- Attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation
- Confession at least once a year
- Receive Holy Communion during the Easter Season
- Observe the days of fasting and abstinence
- Provide for the needs of the Church
- Marry according to Church regulations
If you attend Sunday Mass half the time, you’re a “50% practicing Catholic.” And if 50% of Catholics are “50% practicing Catholics”, then the presence of Jesus Christ in the world has been diminished by 75%!
On the other hand, if only 10% of Catholics received Holy Communion daily and confessed their sins monthly, the presence of Jesus Christ would change the world.
Something to think about.
Rev. Francis J. Hoffman, JCD